But the stories I really like reading are about interviewees absolutely imploding during their interviews. I'm entertained and I learn something at the same time. So what are some ways (real or imagined) that I could bomb my interviews? I'm asking to avoid these things, obviously. I've even started a list:
- Not know anything about the school.
- Not know anything about the department.
- Get really drunk during dinner.
- Bonus points: get really drunk during breakfast.
- Argue with the search committee members.
- Hit on the the search committee members.
- Argue with the students.
- Hit on the students.