Monday, July 23, 2007
(and don't replace my title with your usual glib and unfunny 'attempts' at humor.
- Because you think your own 'research' is more important than students. (PS: nobody reads academic books except other academics.)
- Because students need guidance not disciplinary punishments and 'rules'.
- Because you only work 8 months of the year while many of your students and the rest of the 'real' world work 12 or more.
- Because an 'academic' degree means less and less in this world. (Check out CNN.com to see why.)
- Because on this site you all complain so much about hating it. Why wouldn't you choose to be 'happy'?
- Because too many of you have taught for too long and are 'burnt out' and have stopped bringing new material into the classroom anyway.
- Because too many of you rely on Powerpoint and old notes.
- Because I can 'earn' my education through books and the internet without having to pay a dime of your overpriced tuition.
- Because I care more about my education than you 'ever' did.
- Because you aren't good enough.
I have read most of your entries and am disgusted. I think it's repulsive that an 'authority' figure would stoop to such a low height to make fun of students like you do. I know you'll just delete this, but I think you should have an alternative position on your blog to show what a farce you are.