- I have a student who wants to bump fists with me (pound me) after every class.
- I have never parked in a faculty parking lot.
- My textbooks have not arrived yet. It is week 4.
- A student wants to take next week off because her sister is getting married. I told her she could. "Really," she said. "You can do whatever you want," I said. "Is it okay if we carry on without you?"
- I have $75 credit on Zappos, and I'm just waiting for a nice, slow afternoon to spend it.
- There is something caught between my two front teeth. It's a rice grain, I think. Soft rice. Now it's hard. That's weird, isn't it?
- My colleagues have a softball team. They never ask me to play. I played fast pitch in the Midwest in high school. I'm the shit.
- The president of our college publishes his travel schedule. He's hardly ever here. I think I'm the only one who reads it and wonders: "What is he going to Muncie for?"
- When I grow up I want to be like my dad, happy.
- I schedule office hours around my schedule, not those of the students.
- I think Words With Friends is stupid only because I discovered my brother cheats when he plays me.
- I love Ricola throat lozenges and gobble them even though my throat is fine.
- My students are dumber this year than last, and the year before. I could plot it on a graph if I could figure out how to use Microsoft Draw.
- My colleague across the hallway calls me Kathy. I don't like it.
- I am teaching because I fell in love with a teacher.
- I married someone practical.
- I make $46,500.
- I know I could run this department better than the chair. I don't believe I'll ever find out. I'm okay with that.
Wednesday, September 24, 2014
A Stream From Katherine.
In the grand tradition of Myra and Yaro, a stream: