It will be such a delight to see your sunburned faces back in their seats on Monday. I had a look at the Snapchat stories about break posted by media sites I follow. Wow - it looks like you had a time that should be quite memorable, although I think few of you will remember it.
Please do not ask me how my break went. What do proffies do over break?
- Well, I excised grime from my house that has been building up since I had the first set of your work to grade so many months ago. It was baller.
- I, um, caught up on grading. It was a banging' good time.
- I, hmmm, let's see, oh yeah, wrote a conference paper. Grindin' away - that was me.
- I binge watched House of Cards. Been putting that one off until I had time. At the end, I was all, like, WHAAAAA?!?!?!
- I had lunch with my shell of a friend who didn't get tenure, so lost his job at the end of last year. He's not doing well. Thanks for asking.
- I had an attentive, full-length conversation with each of my children. One of them twice. That ought to hold them until May, right? #winning at this parenting thing
- I planned our classes for the next two weeks. You know, you're RIGHT! We really do spend time just figuring out how to make your lives miserable. You need to keep that on the DL, though.
- I froze some casseroles to feed those children when we have important meetings at the end of the day. Important, meaning the relevant adminiflake feels important when the seats are occupied while s/he reads handouts to us. It's a real fun sponge.
Sadly, I had no margaritas at all and my shirts, while worn, stayed completely dry. And I'll remember every minute.
Best, Dr. A.