Sure, I want my students to get smarter when they take my class but there is a limit to what I'm willing to teach them. If a lesson earns me an appointment with the provost, then that's something the students will have to learn on their own.
Top Ten Things that I Don't Tell My Students
10. I don't care if you sit in the back of the room and watch movies. I only teach to the first three rows of students.
9. I don't even bother learning your names.
8. My school is not worth the price of tuition.
7. I will not care more about your education than you do.
6. If you complain enough to the dean, you will eventually get what you want.
5. Lots of our PhDs get shitty jobs.
4. We admit some students just for the money. You'll know who you are by the end of the semester.
3. I can't understand what the foreign faculty say either.
2 Your TAs can be bribed.
1. I post positive reviews of other faculty on RMP so you won't over-enroll in my classes.