There is some "discuss as a group" or "fill out this worksheet" time and the proffie usually leaves for a while during those times. And the students complain that:
- the proffie isn't sufficiently sensitive to their mental health issues (as in if I skip class because I am sad today, the proffie doesn't re-teach me the class privately)
- the proffie isn't sufficiently sensitive to their physical health issues (as in if I have an itchy rash but come to class anyway, I shouldn't be expected to participate)
- the proffie is mean when I say I decided to change the topic of my presentation the night before it was due and then the Internet went down, so reasons. But mean old proffie says either do a presentation, or no credit for you.
- the proffie is so mean, because we are going to a churrascaria as a class, but she says I have to actually go with the class, not just think about a time when I went to one before. And the proffie doesn't understand he is totes busy getting ready for Spring Break.
- the proffie is too hard because he made the test cover everything we had done so far, with examples just like what we did for homework.
I keep my mouth shut, but it is good to know childr...um students are the same anywhere. Bless their corações.