For my previous post, an anonymous commenter mentioned the idea of an academic biker. This is such a great archetype to explore. My imagination is going nuts thinking about this.
10. Suede elbow patches on your leather jacket.
9. The T&P process is literally brutal.
8. Most of the actual biker activities – the bar fights, drug trafficking, operating security at Rolling Stones concerts – is done by adjunct bikers with no allegiance to any particular gang.
7. Even biker gangs have to deal with accreditation and they hate it as much as everybody else.
6. Their most lucrative criminal enterprise is filing fake Pell Grant and student loan applications.
5. You joined the academic biker gang with the idea of getting summers off but you continue to be a biker year-round because you need the money to make ends meet.
4. Any administrators who bother you get shivved.
3. Completing initiation in a gang is more fun than getting through grad school, and is probably a better career move also.
2. You have Foucault tattoos.
1. Gang names: Les Professeurs, The Tenured Disciples, Publish and Perish, The Devil's Undergraduate Curriculum Committee, Ivory Tower Mafia, The Edutainers.