OK, we're all a bit misty eyed over the loss of RYS. Its sudden, mysterious demise only intensifies the grief. To help us move forward, I have scoured the internets and twitters to collect the ten most likely reasons that RYS bought the farm.
10. Wicked Walter and Katie snuck into the Compound and kicked their ass.
9. They lost the page view competition to a site devoted to faculty who love their students, schools and each other.
8. The moderators were telling the truth. They really did want to kill the site.
7. After five years, you need to start getting some real work done.
6. Rate My Professors made them an offer they could not refuse.
5. RYS moderators moonlight as world famous soccer players who are too busy now competing at the world cup.
4. The web site was part of Stage 1: Solicit faculty complaints by assuring them that submission is anonymous. We are now entering Stage 2...
3. Very few successful web sites have the word “ennui” in the slogan.
2. Their National Endowment for the Arts funding ran out.
1. They never could get the graphics to look crappy enough.