|That's me on the left.|
- Four great papers in a row! Can't believe it. Fifth one was forgettable but not contemptible. This is a record for any conference I have ever seen, no joke.
- Lunch with an old grad student buddy.
- Shopping trip; souvenirs bought for neglected family. Plus maybe one or two things for myself.
- Book exhibit! Stagger back to room like a turtle under the load of new books. Hope I don't get charged extra for baggage on the plane.
- Reception! Chat with advisor. Chat with other people. Snag some sushi.
- Coffee and dinner with grad school buddies. Many promises about in-touch-keeping, this time for sure. And there's always FB.
- Truly awesome party; shouted self hoarse, still couldn't be heard over the roar of well-lubricated academics relaxing on their last night, all interviews and papers done. Stood at the edge eventually with others of my vintage watching grad students show up singly, stand about in awkward groups Chatting With Intent, and leave in pairs. Very sweet. Oh to be that young again. (Actually, you couldn't pay me to be that young again.)
- Room. Pack. Plane leaves at some obscene hour tomorrow.